Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Fun Fold Card Challenge!

Yay! My first challenge!  I decided to participate in the Fun Fold Card Challenge and Cricut Cardz Challenge for a tall card.  Since I still only have the Doodlecharm Cart, Im having to make the most of it.  I created this fun card.  I was inspired by the warmer weather and was totally craving a cold dessert.
Here's how I made my delicious tall card :

  • I measured out my card base for 9"x4" (fits inside a standard #10 envelope....yay!)
  • I cut out two 8.25"x3.25" rectangles for my card front and inside background.
  • I used my fun Doodlecharm Cart to cut the base for the ice cream cone at 5".
  • I then used the shift command for the ice cream to make my chocolate, mint, strawberry ice cream and cherries at 5"
  • I then used a hole punch and cut "chocolate" circles in half to create my chips for the mint chocolate chip ice cream.
  • The George Basic Cart was used to make out my UMM (at this point Im totally craving ice cream...hehehe).
  • I glued all the items to my card stock and finished off the ice cream cone with some "sprinkles" (i.e. glitter glue).
  • End result - a card that will make your mouth water.


Thanks for visiting my blog!



(Saving up for new camera and some more cartridges is def. in the future.)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for playing in my Fun Fold Card challenge, but also for the easy to understand instructions too. Your ice cream card is yummy! Love it! Hugs, :) Janis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!! Thanks for visiting my blog! A blog hop is whwn a bunch of bloggers arrange a theme/project type/etc and they all make something that fits that theme. They are usually hosted by one blogger and you start at his/her blog to see the project and leave a comment. Then you 'hop' to the next blog in the list to see their project etc... It is a great way to get new ideas and there is usually plenty of blog candy up for grabs! Hope you stop by to check it out!! :)

    Super cute card also!!!

    ReplyDelete